Friday, April 30, 2010

Life as an intern: Week 4

In my 3rd week as an intern, I did lots of research. So this week is all practical task. I have to put my knowledge from my researches to use..nervous at first, fun at last!


I was asked to set up the Find Me/Follow Me settings on Asterisk. These are the steps:


  1. Login to FreePBX
  2. Click the Setup tab at the top of the page.
  3. On the left side of the page click the Follow Me link under Inbound Call Control.
  4. Click the add button for the desired extension o n the right side of the page.
The following are the steps to conduct the Find Me/Follow Me test calls:
  1. Create a user account in the file editor.
  2. Register the subscriber account in Zoiper or other softphone.
  3. Edit ring groups either find me or follow me.
this is a sample of find me testing (the phones ring all at once)

Next task is to try out the 3-party audio conferencing. The steps are:
  1. Create a user account in the file editor
  2. Configure Conference Bridge Extension. (this will be the extension to dial if another agents wants to participate in the conference as well)
  3. Edit conference room options.
  4. Three different agents test the conferencing features.

one month done! :)

-thanks faithful listener-

No comments:

Post a Comment