Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gary Leon Robert....

In Loving Memory

his favorite MU

its hard to sit in front of the lappy n write about u...back a few days..u took down my blog add n said u wil b a loyal reader..n i jus lost that!..i oso lost a fren who love trying to speak hokkien wit me..who love calling me 'valelie'..his voice is stil so clear in my mind.. ='(

from the day i met u..i felt so lucky to b able to act with a person like u..im so lucky to b the sueling of shinoda..1941 a memoir..i wish it cud b like the drama..i wish wen i open my door..i c u standing there...i remembered how u encouraged me in my singing..im so new n im so scared of reaching the high note in the song 'The Prayer'..but u told me..i can..u practiced day n nite with me..u keep telling me dat we will go tru this play together..n i remember how happy we were wen the play was a success..i remembered how u hugged me n said "we did it!"...and this year u told me that we are goin to act together again..u told me that we were goin to enjoy the memories again without having to worry much bout the managing part..like how we did wen both of us were the bosses..i remember how u wud advise me on my wrong decision..u were always calm n direct in making the best decisions..

best memories acting with him..

shinoda..........

my dearest..u were the best person to work hand in hand wit for a program..i remember working with u for christmas nite, career fair, techflow, fasilitator and many more..i remember how organized u can b..i remember once during the christmas nite..the lite were not lighting well..u came to me..told me sternly "go home, shower n come..i wil settle the lites"..n to my surprise..wen im back..u din bluff me..the lites were beautiful.. =) and the only time i saw him strict was wen he was the protocol team for fasi..can u imagine gary serious? i miss all this moments..i can imagine him teasing me now as i write about him..gary is a very humble fren..he can achieve the best achievements but still make us feel comfortable around him..he never blows his trumpet..he was never stuck up..he alwayz lent a helping hand wenever possible...

bosses of cmas nite 2007

he was a great fasi to many juniors..

best induction i ever had..waiting for our turn for flying fox..

gary has been very cheecky to me all this while..he alwiz compares how dark i am with him..n he wud say he is fair..n i wud argue dat im fairer..n it wud end up in a teasing arguement..i alwiz remember how he disturbed me bout me being chubby..he alwiz finds sumthin to tease me..like 'val..dun break the chair'..'val..so much ah u eat?'..at that time i wud tease him back or mebbe beat him..but now i miss those teasing..i wud do anythin 2 haf u back beside me teasing me all u want..gary..i promise i wont beat u..i wanna haf u around teasing me..those were the moments we had filled with laughter and we bonded!!!

he was teasing me..den struck an innocent pose..i miss his smile!

look at how cheeky he is? =D

he brings joy to werever he is..

besides his cheekyness..he has a caring side of him..i remember how he use to sit beside me wen im driving..he wud alwayz remind me..'val..7pm d..on ur lites'..'val..bum!'..'val..pot hole!'..he is the bes co driver any1 can have..he is as alert s the driver..n i salute him for his safe driving..he keeps to all speed limits..haf u ever crossed the road with sum one who tells u.."look left..look rite..look left..no car? wait..until the distance of the car coming can make u cross the road in time even if ur taking ur own sweet time?" thats how caring gary can be..if i ask him y mus wait? he replies 'u la..like to wear heels..cant even walk properly..wanna run across the road'..thats how thoughtful he can b...

the many outings we had..i cant post up all..but i love these..

in Lost World of Tambun

one utama..every1 was suppose to look serious..haha

career teambuilding @ PD

ur special 21st bday!

i stil remember how u laughed at this pic..haha..

gary..all the pics of u brings tears ='(..i las had a good talk with u during the iet talk..u updated me a lot on ur life..i had fun sharing to u too..n u promised to catch up during dinner to update me more..but i never knew that this day wil never come.. ='( s i listen words from ur lovely frens during the wake service..i realise how lucky i am..1941 has left a great legacy in all ur frens..n im the lucky one 2 act it with u..i promise u 1 thing..i wil never forget u..i wil keep u alwiz close to my heart..

one thing i know for sure..from the many lives u haf touched..from the great encouragement u have been to me..from the great prayer partner u have been..from the great inspiration u have been..i know u are now happily seated on Jesus lap in heaven..jus like on earth..u have been a great fren and a great son..i noe in heaven..u wil b our heavenly Father's darling too..and i believe according to God's timing..we will meet again n we wil have fun in heaven! make sure u keep an eye on my heavenly mansion ok? tell God i wud love 2 stay in the same taman as u.. =)

u wil b deeply missed my dear fren...rest in peace..all the things u haf said 2 me..i wil alwiz remember...all the gifts u have given me..wil b treasures..

a bright star in my life has gone dim..but ur brightness has lit up my life forever..


gary..u can proudly say, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."

Love u..GARY!!!


-thanks faithful listener-

6 comments:

  1. i'm crying while reading dis.....gary will always b in each of our hearts....i'm sure things happen for a reason. Maybe God just love him so much....b strong gurl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it brought tears as im reading it..be strong val..take care.
    gary will always be in our heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures of him, I've not seen him since secondary school (a year older senior).

    I've mentioned this in another blog but I'll like to share this with you too. I was having fried fish for lunch just now and it reminded me of Gary who disliked fish.....sob...(if my memory serves me right) it was many years ago when we participated in the Sea Games Choir, we were clothed in green. That nite we were provided with fish for dinner and he didn't want it and asked another friend to eat it for him, haha... and I told him that fish is good for him but he didn't change his mind anyway..

    After reading so many posts and comments from others that only mentioned the good part of him, it reminded me of how cheeky, naughty and playful he was too..hehe..gosh still can't believe that he just passed away like that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is one of the cheekiest fren i have..never find it bored disturbing me.. =) but i miss it..

    ReplyDelete